Local land charges
Our current turnaround on all Local Authority Searches is within 8 working days
The Law Society's revised CON 29 and CON 29O forms are available from the Law Society webpage - New Con29 & Con29 Forms.
We now only accept Local Authority searches on the new Con29 forms.
20 August 2016
The Local Land Charges team is responsible for:
- maintaining the Local Land Charges Register
- carrying out Local Searches
- providing copy documents
- holding copies of the Oxfordshire County Council highways and public rights of way maps and information (we do not hold details of land ownership or boundaries).
We are linked to the at Level 3, and can receive and return Local Search requests electronically. Our fees and charges are reviewed annually on 1st April.
Our Promises To You
- We will provide a friendly and efficient service, which aims to be 100% accurate at all times
- We will respond to all official Searches within 8 working days (although we will endeavour to respond within 5 working days)
- We will make the Local Land Charges Register available for Personal Searches
- We will respond to copy document requests within 5 working days of receipt of written requests
- We will respond to written enquiries within 10 working days of receipt
- We have adopted the Local Land Charges Code of Practice published by the Local Government Association.
We can receive and return Local Search requisitions electronically. Please contact us to sign up to our direct online ordering service - 'OcellaWeb'
We accept searches via:
There are no additional charges for receiving search responses electronically.
We can also return any search response electronically via email - please contact the team to arrange.
Obtaining Con29 Data under Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004 (EIR)
Please see our guide for obtaining Con29R data under EIR (or view our Information sheet from the downloads section of this page).
Last reviewed: 23 - 08 - 2016