Local land charges
The Local Land Charges team is responsible for:
- maintaining the Local Land Charges Register
- carrying out Local Searches
- the provision of copy planning documents
- holding copies of the Oxfordshire County Council highways and public rights of way maps and information (however we do not hold details of land ownership or boundaries)
We are linked to the National Land Information Service (NLIS) at Level 3, and can receive and return Local Search requests electronically. Our fees and charges are reviewed annually on 1 April.
You can view search fees here.
The council can receive and return Local Search requisitions electronically. We joined the National Land Information Service (NLIS) Scheme in 2000, and moved to level 3 in February 2007. For further information go to the website.
The council does not make any additional charges for receiving search responses electronically.
We can also return any search response electronically via email - please contact the team to arrange.
Non-official (personal) search appointments
Please use our online Land Charges Appointment system to book an appointment to carry out a non-official search.
Our Promises To You : -
- We will provide a friendly and efficient service, which aims to be 100% accurate at all times
- We will respond to all official Searches within 10 working days (although we will endeavour to respond within five working days)
- We will, subject to prior appointment, make the Local Land Charges Register available for Personal Searches
- We will respond to copy document requests within 5 working days of receipt of written requests
- We will respond to written enquiries within 10 working days of receipt
- We have adopted the Local Land Charges Code of Practice published by the Local Government Association.
Obtaining Con29 Data under Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004 (EIR)
Please see our guide for obtaining Con29R data under EIR (or view our Information sheet from the Downloads section on the right).
Last reviewed: 26 - 02 - 2013