Skip to content

Emergency situations

Here are some useful telephone numbers to call in an emergency:

Fire/smoke – evacuate your property immediately, head to a point of safety and then call 999.

Gas – to report a gas leak either in the house or street call National Grid on 0800 111 999.

Water – to report a water main burst or blocked sewer contact Thames Water on 0800 316 9800.

Flooding – to report flooding call the Environment Agency on 0800 80 70 60.

More guidance information can be found on the following pages: