Jobs at the council
There are lots of great benefits for our staff including:
- life assurance
- annualised hours scheme which offers a flexibility of working hours
- annual leave entitlement of at least 24 days plus bank holidays and an extra 5 days after 5 years’ service
- free car parking at council offices
- cycle purchase scheme and pool bikes
- free eye tests and a contribution towards glasses for VDU users
- on site wellbeing treatments available
We are a ‘Positive about Disabled People’ symbol user and meet the ‘Disability Confident’ disability symbol standard. If you have a disability and you apply for a job with us, you will be guaranteed an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the post.
For work experience, longer term placements and apprentices see our work experience page.
Job vacancies at partner organisations
++++++Our waste contractor Biffa is recruiting drivers please see the ad below for detail and how to apply.+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Living in the area
We work with Vale of White Horse District Council by sharing staff to provide cost-effective services for our residents.
Schools in Oxfordshire
Find out more about schools available in the area by visiting the Oxfordshire County Council website.