Skip to content

Report suspected unauthorised development and high hedges

Enforcement – what we do

We investigate concerns that include a breach of planning control.

 We do investigate

  • Unauthorised advertisements
  • Unauthorised works to listed buildings
  • Engineering operations
  • Non-compliance with planning permission
  • Removal of protected trees
  • Unauthorised changes of use of land

We don’t investigate

  • Parking on the highway
  • Boundary disputes including trespass
  • Deeds and covenants
  • Health and safety issues
  • Clearing of vegetation from land

We open enforcement investigations following concerns raised by the general public, parish councils and local organisations.   We do not open investigations based on anonymous or malicious complaints. 

If you are worried about intimidation or threats or do not want to include your details, contact your local or district councillor or parish council clerk for help in reporting your concerns.

All staff carry photo identification.  Our Enforcement Statement  describes how we carry out our investigations. 

Planning Enforcement Register

To search for Enforcement Notices, Enforcement Orders, Breach of Condition Notices and Stop Notices (including Temporary Stop Notices) served by the council please click here

Open cases

You can search for open cases by:

Searching via a parish area

Searching via a reference

Please check there is no active investigation before you request a new investigation

Reporting a breach of planning control

We will not investigate anonymous complaints.

Before you report, please check that there is not an ongoing investigation and read the Enforcement Statement on this page.

Please note – we are currently experiencing a period of high demand for our planning enforcement services.  Once you’ve registered your enquiry, if you have not received a response within ten working days please contact the Planning department on 01235 422600.

You can report a breach on this page

Our commitment

The Enforcement Team will conduct investigations in line with the Enforcement Statement.

We will also:

  • Register and acknowledge all reported breaches of planning control
  • Visit the site according to the timing in the Enforcement Statement
  • Keep all parties informed, where appropriate, of any actions being taken.

The council will never knowingly release any personal data.

Contact us - Planning enforcement

01235 422600
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

South Oxfordshire District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB