Get Oxfordshire Active
With the promise of summer around the corner it’s time to step outside and get inspired to try out new activities.
- Try out something new – or (who needs the snow anyway!)
- Get others more active – Train as a Run England Leader, you don’t need speed to lead…
- Training for your first running race in 2013 - Join our
- Connect mind and body – Join in with our regular
- New to exercise? – Join in with our regular
- New to triathlon? – Then sign up for an workshop
- Tired of swimming in pools? – Then visit the South Oxfordshire “Beach” at Queenford Lake for sessions or enter the Sunday Aquathon series, swim 1000m and run 4km!
- Love to play sports? – Get back into , , For all those horse lovers out there – www.hoofride.co.uk
- Want to be part of the cycling revolution?
- Sign up for the Sonning Common Get on Your Bike event – http://onyourbikesonningcommon.co.uk/
- Ladies, If you haven’t ridden your bike for a while, join the Breeze Bike Rides for women – www.breezebikerides.com
Dates for your diaries
Henley and Thame Leisure Centre Open Days - 27 April Exercise classes and gym trials for adults with fun kids activities
Thame Leisure Centre "Be Inspired" sports taster day - 19 May Come and try out free sports challenges - badminton, basketball, swimming, gymnastics and football
Classic Oxfordshire Bike Ride - Sunday 5 May 30, 60, 70 mile circular routes exploring South Oxfordshire raising funds for breast cancer research. Enter online at www.bike-events.co.uk
For more information on all of the above activities, please visit the links provided or click on the PDF documents to the right of this page. For information on all these activities Visit the GO Active website - www.getoxfordshireactive.org
Contact Hendriette Thorn (GO Active Co-ordinator) to help you find the activity that is right for you. Contact number: 01491 823175 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Work and volunteer with GO Active! GO Active is always looking for volunteers, coaches and instructors to help deliver social and fun activity sessions. From Nordic walking to jogging and netball. Contact Hendriette for more information. We can also offer FREE promotion for any activities that already take place.
Last reviewed: 23 - 04 - 2013