Local land charges
The Local Land Charges team is responsible for:
- maintaining the Local Land Charges Register
- carrying out Local Searches
- the provision of copy documents
- holding copies of the Oxfordshire County Council highways and public rights of way maps and information (however we do not hold details of land ownership or boundaries)
We are linked to the National Land Information Service (NLIS) at Level 3, and can receive and return Local Search requests electronically.
Land charges fees from 1st April 2017 have remained the same.
Please note with the introduction of the new Con29 Forms on the 4th July these fees are subject to change
Our promises to you
- We will provide a friendly and efficient service, which aims to be 100% accurate at all times
- We will respond to all official Searches within 8 working days (although we will endeavour to respond within five working days)
- We will make the Local Land Charges Register available for Personal Searches
- We will respond to copy document requests within 5 working days of receipt of written requests
- We will respond to written enquiries within 10 working days of receipt
- We have adopted the Local Land Charges Code of Practice published by the Local Government Association.
Local Land Charges Personal (Non Official) Searches
Anyone can carry out a personal search of the Local Land Charges Register. To search the Local Land Charges register go here Online Portal
If you have any feedback then please complete our feedback form. We will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days. We strongly advise you to use the guidance notes to navigate the portal
Alternatively you can still continue to visit our offices and use the public terminals to produce your results. Please note since the launch of the online portal we no longer offer a printing service of the LLC1. No appointment are necessary.
Questions on the CON29 can also be provided by the Land Charges team when you visit, please see our fees above.
Obtaining Con29 Data under Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004 (EIR)
Obtaining the Con29 under EIR cannot be supplied by Land Charges on a Personal Search visit. You will need to request these via email - Please see our guide for obtaining Con29R data under EIR or view our guidance document (see downloads section of this page).
Last reviewed: 19 - 10 - 2017