Building Control works to ensure the safety of people in and around buildings.
Our dedicated Southvale team check plans and carry out site inspections to ensure that every stage of the building work meets regulations and is safe, energy efficient and healthy.
- plans checked and decided within two working day
- same day site inspections (if requested before 9.30am)
- completion certificates issued within 48 hours of final inspection
- email response to enquiries within 24 hours
- locally based offices
- personal service to meet your building control needs
- no hidden costs for additional inspections
Does your building work need approval?
Building regulations set minimum standards for the design and construction of buildings to ensure the safety and health for people in or around them.
The person responsible for carrying out the building work and, if they are not the same person, the owner of the building, must ensure that it meets these requirements.
To find out whether you need to apply for approval click on Do I need approval?
How to apply for building control and site inspections
You can submit a full plans application, a building notice application or a regularisation application online.
Fees and charges
For a bespoke building control quote please email email@example.com
Our building control fees are based on an hourly rate accounting for factors as set out in The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010.
Last reviewed: 12 - 06 - 2017