Local Markets in South Oxfordshire
Street markets take place in each of the district's towns every week on the following days:
- Didcot: Fridays and Saturdays in the Market Place. The first Sunday of each month outside Orchard Centre
- Wallingford: Fridays in the town centre
- Thame: Tuesdays in the town centre
- Henley: Thursdays in the town centre
Farmers' Markets help local producers of fresh, good quality and in many cases organic or animal welfare friendly produce, to sell directly to local customers at a fair price. There are several Farmers' Markets in South Oxfordshire:
- Didcot's Farmers' Market is held every second Saturday of the month, 8.30am to 1.30pm.
- Wallingford's Farmers' Market is held every third Tuesday and fifth Saturday of the month, 8.30am to 1.30pm.
- Thame's Farmers' Market is held every second Tuesday of the month, 8.30am to 1.30pm.
- Henley's Farmers' Market is held every fourth Thursday and fifth Sunday of the month, 8.30am to 1.30pm.
Local Producers' Markets
Local Producers' Markets give local farmers, growers and producers a regular venue to sell their wares.
- Wallingford Local Producers' Market is held every Saturday in The Regal Centre, Goldsmith's Lane (car park), except when there is a Farmers' Market, 10.00am to 1.00pm.
WI Country Market
- Wallingford - Friday mornings in The Regal Centre, use Goldsmith's Lane park.
Sonning Common Village Market
This takes place on the 3rd Monday every month except in December when it is the second Monday.
It takes place in the Sonning Common Village Hall in Wood Lane. It sells a range of local produce, hand knitted items, home made cakes and jams and bric-a-brac. The event serves as an important local meeting place, you can buy a cup of tea and have freshly made sandwiches or baked potatoes. The market has been running for over 31 years.
Contact: 01189 404318
Last reviewed: 19 - 10 - 2015