Pubs and clubs

I live close to a local pub and am constantly bothered by noise from their late night weekend discos, what can I do?

  • First, it's a good idea to check the premises have a licence to play live or recorded music. Every licensed premises should have a summary of their licence displayed in a prominent position for the public to view. If you can't view the summary you can check our Licenses Register or contact our Licensing Team.
  • If the premises licence permits live or recorded music but it is causing you a nuisance, we suggest you initially discuss your concerns with the licence holder or the manager of the premises. Keep a record of your conversation.
  • If after a suitable period of adjustment there is no improvement, contact Environment Health to discuss the problem or open a formal complaint using the form below.

Report a problem online

Details about how we deal with complaints can be found on this page.  You can report a problem to us (see contacts section of this page), or fill in our online report form.

Last reviewed: 05 - 10 - 2017

Was this page helpful?YesNo