Councillor community grants
This scheme is currently closed but we expect to reopen in late May/early June 2018 and will publish the exact opening date once this is confirmed.
To register to receive an email when we have a confirmed opening date for the 2018/19 scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'inform me when the councillor grant scheme opens'.
When we reopen, each South Oxfordshire district councillor will have £5,000 to award grants to projects or services that offer community benefits in their ward area.
Applications should focus on projects that deliver a clear and demonstrable benefit to the people of South Oxfordshire, specifically in the ward area of the district councillor considering the request.
Basic rules of the 2017/18 scheme (we are currently reviewing the policy and these may change for 2018/19)
- Projects must benefit the community in the councillor’s ward area
- The minimum grant is £500 and the maximum £5,000 for each councillor (budget permitting)
- A councillor can fund up to 100 per cent of the total cost of a project (budget permitting)
- The project must be completed within 12 months of the grant award decision
Who is eligible?
- Town and parish councils and parish meetings (unless they run their own grant scheme with a set budget and application process)
- Local constituted ‘not for profit’ organisations whose primary purpose is to benefit the residents of South Oxfordshire.
Who is not eligible?
- Other local authorities/public sector bodies (for example Oxfordshire County Council, NHS trusts)
- Individuals (this includes making any payments to individuals on behalf of community groups)
- Profit-based businesses (private businesses)
- Political and lobbying groups
- Organisations who give grants or fund other not-for-profit organisations
- Nationwide organisations
Please note you will need to provide the following documents to support your application
- Signed constitution (not town or parish councils)
- Detailed financial records
- Signed authorisation from organisation to apply on their behalf
Last reviewed: 15 - 03 - 2018