Councillor community grants
This scheme closed at noon on 17 December 2018 and we are no longer accepting applications.
Each South Oxfordshire district councillor has £5,000 to award to projects or services that offer community benefits in their ward area.
Applications should focus on projects that deliver a clear and demonstrable benefit to the people of South Oxfordshire, specifically in the ward area of the district councillor considering the request.
Click here to start an application or click here to return to an existing application (using the 'my applications' area once you've logged in)
Basic rules of the scheme
- Projects must benefit the community in the councillor’s ward area
- The minimum grant is £250 and the maximum £5,000 for each councillor (budget permitting)
- We can fund up to 100 per cent of the total cost of a project (budget permitting)
- The total project cost for applications for capital projects is £10,000 or less (one-off revenue projects have no such maximum)
- If successful, you must complete the project within 12 months of our grant award decision
Who is eligible?
- Town and parish councils and parish meetings (unless they operate a grant scheme of their own or budget for giving grants/donations in their annual budget)
- Local constituted ‘not for profit’ organisations whose primary purpose is to benefit the residents of South Oxfordshire.
Who is not eligible?
- Other local authorities/public sector bodies (for example Oxfordshire County Council, NHS trusts)
- Groups who raise funds on behalf of or will improve/create facilities that will predominately benefit an ineligible organisation (like PTAs delivering projects to benefit their school)
- Individuals (this includes making any payments to individuals on behalf of community groups)
- Profit-based businesses (private businesses)
- Political and lobbying groups
- Organisations who give grants or fund other not-for-profit organisations
- Nationwide organisations
Please note you will need to provide the following document(s) to support your application:
- A recent bank statement for each account held in your organisation's name
The following documents must also be available upon request (For Audit purposes we will check these for every fifth application and organisations we've not funded in the last 12 months):
- A copy of your governing document (like a constitution, set of rules, articles of association etc)
- Detailed financial records
- Confirmation that the organisation has named officers, members or trustees on a management committee/board
Last reviewed: 17 - 12 - 2018