We aim to ensure all food and drink produced, stored, distributed and sold within South Oxfordshire, is safe to eat. We support businesses to ensure that they comply with food safety law and maintain legal standards of hygiene and safety.
The service provided by the food and safety team includes:
- providing programmed hygiene inspections of food premises in accordance with legislative requirements, codes of practice and the council's Food Safety Enforcement Policy and operating procedures.
- participating in food sampling programmes
- giving advice and guidance to food businesses, and those planning to open a food business.
- working with the local Primary Care Trust to investigate cases of food related illness in accordance with the council's infectious disease policies.
- raising awareness of food safety with the aim of improving food safety practices in the home and in commercial food premises.
- investigating food complaints from members of the public and other local authorities.
- investigating food premises complaints from members of the public and other local authorities.
- responding to national food alerts
- providing food hygiene training for food handlers.
Contact us with any complaints you have about food hygiene, using the online form below:
Last reviewed: 05 - 10 - 2015