We have produced COVID-19 guidance for licence holders which you can access using the following links:
The council is responsible for the administration and enforcement of a wide range of licences and permits. These include licences for premises that supply alcohol and for taxis as well as for a range of other charitable and commercial activities. The main aim of licensing is to protect the public.
All council staff carry photo ID and are happy to be asked for it and to explain the reason for their visit.
In the licensing section you can:
- Find out about the Licensing Act 2003 and apply for personal and premises licences for alcohol and entertainment
- Find out about the Gambling Act 2005 and gambling licences
- Find out about taxi licensing
- Find out about other licences and permits such as environmental permits, animal licences and charity collections.
- Submit a Temporary Event Notice
- View the licensing registers
- Find guidance on event management
If you have any questions, require further information about a licensing issue or have concerns about a licensed person or premises, please contact the Licensing Team (see contacts section of this page).
Last reviewed: 25 - 06 - 2020