The council is responsible for the administration and enforcement of a wide range of licences and permits. These include licences for premises that supply alcohol and for taxi drivers as well as for a range of other charitable and commercial activities. The main aim of licensing is to protect the public through high standards of public safety and public protection.
All council staff carry photo ID and are happy to be asked for it and to explain the reason for their visit.
In the licensing section you can:
- Find out about the Licensing Act 2003 and apply for personal and premises licences for alcohol and entertainment
- Find out about the Gambling Act 2005
- Find out about taxi licensing
- Find out about other licences and permits such as environmental permits, animal boarding licences and charity collections.
- Apply for a Temporary Event Notice
- View the licensing registers
- Find guidance on event management
If you have any questions, require further information about a licensing issue or concerns about a licensed person or premises, please contact a member of the Licensing Team (see contacts section of this page).
Last reviewed: 20 - 12 - 2017