The council has a Cabinet and Leader management structure.
Cabinet is responsible for carrying out the executive functions of the council within the approved budget and policy framework.
The cabinet is:
- Cllr Sue Cooper - Leader and Cabinet Member for Legal and Democratic, and Didcot Garden Town
- Cllr David Turner - Cabinet Member for Deputy Leader and Finance
- Cllr Sue Roberts - Cabinet Member for Climate and ecological crisis response, and support for the Leader
- Cllr Pieter-Paul Barker - Cabinet Member for Partnership and Insight
- Cllr Robin Bennett - Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Regeneration
- Cllr Maggie Filipova-Rivers - Cabinet Member for Community Services
- Cllr Andrea Powell - Cabinet Member for Corporate Services
- Cllr Leigh Rawlins - Cabinet Member for Planning
- Cllr David Rouane - Cabinet Member for Housing and Environment
There are 36 councillors directing the work of the council, elected by the voters of South Oxfordshire. Our elections are held every four years. Each councillor represents a ward in South Oxfordshire.
There is currently no overall control of the council by a single political group. There are 12 Liberal Democrat councillors, ten Conservatives, five Green, three Labour, three Henley Residents' Group and three independent councillors.
Last reviewed: 17 - 05 - 2019