Support We Offer
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We are continuing to support our neighbourhood planning groups and are contactable via email and phone as normal. We are now also using video and telephone conferences to help with the delivery of our support, advice and guidance to groups.
We are also continuing to progress neighbourhood plans through the formal stages, where this is possible and safe to do so.
In response to the updated Government advice relating to COVID-19, we are progressing neighbourhood planning consultations with mitigation measures, taking reasonable steps to make people aware of consultations, to reach all parts of the community, and to give people a reasonable chance to participate effectively.
Our advice is that neighbourhood planning groups can proceed with consultations provided they adopt appropriate mitigation measures. If you have any concerns or questions please get in touch with your neighbourhood planning lead officer or a member of the team, through email@example.com or call 01235 422600. For further information on the progress or impact on specific neighbourhood plans please click on the link for the relevant neighbourhood plan area on the left.
What support do we offer groups preparing or reviewing their neighbourhood plan?
We strongly support our neighbourhood planning groups. This includes:
- Advice and guidance throughout – An introductory meeting to discuss your aims and outline the process
- A Lead Officer to attend meetings, where appropriate, and offer expert advice alongside their colleagues
- Advice on Government grant funding and support available to you
- Advice on engaging with your community – Including how and why you need to record this
- Inform you which external organisations and statutory bodies you will need to consult
- Advice on what evidence is required to help you write your plan
- Consultation on area designation proposals (where appropriate) as well as submitted plans
- Review of your draft neighbourhood plan to ensure it meets the basic conditions
- Organising the Independent Examination and Referendum for your plan