Support We Offer
About Neighbourhood Plans
Neighbourhood planning gives communities the power to develop a shared vision for their area.
Neighbourhood Plans can shape, direct and help to deliver sustainable development, by influencing local planning decisions as part of the statutory development plan.
Neighbourhood plans should not promote less development than set out in strategic policies for the area or undermine those strategic policies.
What support do we offer groups preparing or reviewing their neighbourhood plan?
We strongly support our neighbourhood planning groups. This includes:
- Advice and guidance throughout – An introductory meeting to discuss your aims and outline the process
- A Lead Officer to attend meetings, where appropriate, and offer expert advice alongside their colleagues
- Advice on Government grant funding and support available to you
- Advice on engaging with your community – Including how and why you need to record this
- Inform you which external organisations and statutory bodies you will need to consult
- Advice on what evidence is required to help you write your plan
- Consultation on area designation proposals (where appropriate) as well as submitted plans
- Review of your draft neighbourhood plan to ensure it meets the basic conditions
- Organising the Independent Examination and Referendum for your plan