Skip to content

Food Safety for Consumers

Food hygiene concerns, complaints and food poisoning symptoms

There are several forms you can fill in to report your food hygiene concern:

  • If you have concerns about food hygiene in a food establishment, please complete this form.
  • If you have a complaint about a food product, please complete this form.
  • If you think you may have food poisoning from a food establishment, please complete this form. Please also contact your GP to submit a stool sample in the first instance. Identification of the infection is crucial to pinpointing the possible cause of your illness and without this it is difficult to start an investigation into your illness. Any positive results from a stool sample will be confirmed to us via Public Health England.

Food hygiene rating scheme

When we conduct a food hygiene inspection, we give the food establishment a hygiene rating.

You can see the latest food hygiene ratings here.

For information on how we work out the rating, visit the Food Standards Agency.

General food hygiene information

If you’d like general information on food hygiene and food preparation at home please visit the Food Standards Agency.

Contact us - Food and Workplace Safety

01235 422403
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

South Oxfordshire District Council
Food and Workplace Safety Team
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB