Apply to the housing register

To qualify for social housing you need to join the Housing Register, by visiting the Homechoice website.

To join the Housing Register you will need to provide:

  • proof of ID for all members of your household
  • passport
  • notice to leave your accommodation
  • proof of child benefit (if applicable)

Depending on your circumstances you may also have to provide additional information.

We do not own any houses with all social housing owned by Registered Social Landlords (Housing Associations). You can see how social housing is given out using our Housing Allocation Policy

For alternative ways of finding a new home please see Finding a home.

Contact us - Housing

Phone icon

01235 422436
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Address icon

South Oxfordshire District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB