Local Plan: Sites and General Policies Scoping
We achieved adoption of our core strategy in December 2012, which is the major planning strategy for the district. It sets out vision for what we want to see happen in the district in the years to 2027. To help deliver this vision we are now working on the second part of our Local Plan. The Local Plan: Sites and General Policies will need to ensure that sufficient housing sites are identified to deliver 1,154 new homes in our 12 identified larger villages. It will also allocate sites for a range of other uses, including employment and shopping. Part of the plan will contain an update to our general planning policies, which are currently found in our Local Plan 2011. We asked your suggestions on what else should be contained within the plan. The consultation is now closed.
The council's Cabinet Committee considered a draft distribution for the new housing to be built in the larger villages at its meeting on 25 September 2013. Cabinet agreed that the draft distribution is supported as a basis for taking forward neighbourhood plans and for the Local Plan: Sites and General Policies document.
Second round consultation events (view display boards)
- Context boards the same as the first round of events
- Chinnor - Chinnor Village Hall 25 September 2013 - 2.00pm - 8.00pm -
- - Pavilion 12 October 2013 - 11.00am - 3.00pm
- - Goring Village Hall 9 November 2013 - 11.00am - 4.00pm -
- - Benson Village Hall 12 November 2013 - 2.00pm - 8.00pm
- Wheatley - Village Hall (Merry Bells) 26 November - 2.00pm - 8.00pm -
- and - Pavilion 7 December 2013 - 11.00am - 3.00pm -
Come along and give us your views and find out what others have said.
We want to ask your views on what else should be in the plan? Have we missed out anything important in what we’re proposing? We’ve put together a number of consultation documents to try and capture some of the ideas that we have already got for the Local Plan: Sites and General Policies. These include our new quarterly newsletter and statement about our housing distribution. View the consultation documents below
You can respond to our consultation by using our online consultation. Please be advised that you will need to register to use the system if you have not already done so. Alternatively, you can download a comment form.
Please be advised that all comments received will be available to the public to view.
Other evidence can be accessed using our evidence page. Don't forget to look at our high level technical assessment of the sites available at our 12 larger villages. This is the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA). This does not give council preferred options.
- SHLAA (July 2013)
Events (first round - view display boards and feedback reports)
Consultation events have been held over the summer to try and engage as many people as possible. We worked closely with the larger village parish councils in order to deliver these events. You can view the display boards along with the dates and locations of the events we've held and will be holding below:
- - these display boards went to all settlements and set the context of our plan.
- - Saturday 13.07.13 - Cholsey Pavilion 11.00am - 3.00pm -
- - Sunday 14.07.13 - Crowmarsh Pavillion 11.00am - 3.00pm -
- - Thursday 18.07.13 - Chinnor Village Hall 2.00pm - 8.00pm -
- - Thursday 25.07.13 - Goring Village Hall 1.00pm - 7.00pm -
- Nettlebed - Saturday 27.07.13 - Nettlebed Village Hall 10.00am - 2.00pm -
- - Saturday 3.08.13 - Watlington Town Hall 10.00am - 2.00pm -
- - Tuesday 13.08.13 - Wheatley Village Hall 2.00pm - 8.00pm -
- - Saturday 17.08.13 - Berinsfield Pavilion 10.00am - 2.00pm -
Last reviewed: 01 - 04 - 2015