Graffiti is any illegal markings which include drawings, scribbles, messages or 'tags' that are painted, written or carved on walls and other surfaces.

Graffiti on private housing, business premises and street furniture

The owner of the property is responsible for its removal so please contact them directly, as they may not be aware it is there. If you live in a housing association property, please contact your local housing officer.

Graffiti on district council property

If you notice graffiti on property we own, like public toilets, rubbish bins, street name plates or one of our leisure centres, please contact our waste contractors Biffa by emailing or calling 03000 610610.  You can also report graffiti online.

Last reviewed: 03 - 10 - 2013

Was this page helpful?YesNo