The council provides a pest control service for residents (charges apply) at domestic premises only.
How long does it take?
You can usually expect a visit within five days; however, there may be a delay during times of increased demand.
A contractor provides this service for the council. To book a pest treatment, see contacts section of this page.
The charges including VAT are:
- rats and mice: £30 (unless the premises keeps animals that are not classed as domestic pets - for example, chickens - where a charge of £49 will apply)
- wasp or hornet nest fumigation* (only up to guttering level of a two storey building): £51
- fleas: £96
- bedbugs: £85
* We do not offer a service to remove nests
Treatment is free for residents receiving both full housing and full council tax benefits (unless the premises keeps animals that are not classified as domestic pets as above).
Please note we cannot refund payments once a booking has been made.
Unfortunately we can't deal with the following, please contact a local pest controller:
- bees (see below for information)
- wasp or hornets where the entry point is above the guttering level of a two storey building
Information on bees
Last reviewed: 10 - 04 - 2018