Residents or owners of domestic properties in the district pay council tax to directly contribute towards the costs of council services. Information on how to register for council tax is detailed below under change of address or other circumstances. As well as collecting its own element of the council tax, this council also collects on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council, and your local town/parish council. Included in the Oxfordshire County Council is the levy collected on behalf of the .
The amount of council tax you pay depends on:
- Where in the district you live
- the value of your property, based on values at 1 April 1991
- your personal circumstances.
For more information please see:
- find out how much is your council tax bill
- paying your bill
- working out whether you qualify for a discount
- Sign up to receive your council tax bill by email
- Sign up for SMS reminders
- how to make a council tax appeal
- where your money goes
For complaints about council tax please use the contact details on the right.
Change of address or other circumstances
Please let us know if you have moved house, changed your name, or have other changes in your circumstances. This will help us to contact you and to keep our records up to date. It is important to inform us when you move house so we can bill you correctly for your Council Tax.
My South Oxfordshire Local Search
Use the South Oxfordshire Local Search to find information about council services in the area, such as council tax rates. Search by postcode or town/village.
Last reviewed: 11 - 03 - 2014