Change of address or other circumstances
Please let us know if you have moved house, changed your name, or have other changes in your circumstances. This will help us to contact you and to keep our records up to date. It is important to inform us when you move house so we can bill you correctly for your Council Tax.
Warning over council tax banding claim
We’ve been made aware that some residents have been contacted by companies claiming to represent South Oxfordshire District Council offering to look into whether people’s council tax banding could be reduced for a charge.
Beware, you do not need to pay a company for this service and South Oxfordshire District Council has not appointed any companies to offer this service.
Council tax bands are determined by the Valuation Office Agency, not by the district council, and they do not charge people who want to challenge their banding. For more information please click on challenging a council tax band.
More about council tax
Residents or home owners pay council tax to directly contribute towards the costs of council services.
For information on how to register for council tax, see the change of address or other circumstances section. As well as collecting its own element of the council tax, this council also collects on behalf of:
- - including a levy collected on behalf of the
- your local town/parish council
The amount of council tax you pay depends on:
- Where in the district you live
- the value of your property, based on values at 1 April 1991
- your personal circumstances.
- sign up to view your council tax bill online
- find out how much is your council tax bill
- are you paying the right level of council tax? .
- paying your bill
- working out whether you qualify for a discount
- Sign up for SMS reminders
- how to make a council tax appeal
- where your money goes
For complaints about council tax please contact us (see contacts section of this page).
My South Oxfordshire Local Search
Use the South Oxfordshire Local Search to find information about council services in the area, such as council tax rates. Search by postcode or town/village.
Last reviewed: 05 - 07 - 2019