Council tax

Council tax

Residents or owners of domestic properties in the district pay council tax to directly contribute towards the costs of council services.  For information on how to register for council tax, see the change of address or other circumstances section.  As well as collecting its own element of the council tax, this council also collects on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council, Police & Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley  This link will take you to an external website... and your local town/parish council.  Included in the Oxfordshire County Council is the levy collected on behalf of the Environment Agency (854.5 KB) PDF .

The amount of council tax you pay depends on:

  1. Where in the district you live
  2. the value of your property, based on values at 1 April 1991
  3. your personal circumstances.

For more information please see:

SODC council tax pie 2015-16

More general council tax information can be found on the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) website. This link will take you to an external website...

The council's council tax service is provided by its contractors, Capita Local Government Services. This link will take you to an external website...

For complaints about council tax please contact us (see contacts section of this page).

Change of address or other circumstances

Please let us know if you have moved house, changed your name, or have other changes in your circumstances. This will help us to contact you and to keep our records up to date.  It is important to inform us when you move house so we can bill you correctly for your Council Tax.

My South Oxfordshire Local Search

Use the South Oxfordshire Local Search to find information about council services in the area, such as council tax rates. Search by postcode or town/village.

Last reviewed: 27 - 01 - 2016

Was this page helpful?YesNo