Enjoying your old age
Help and advice for the over 50s on pensions and retirement.
Pensions and retirement
- Working, jobs and pensions - advice and information on pensions. Offers help with working out the amount of State Pension and Pension Credit that you are entitled to. Information on winter fuel payments for people 60 and over.
- Travel concessions - bus pass scheme.
Keeping fit, healthy and active
- Local health walks - a community project which involves setting up programmes of walks in local communities - a very sociable, fun and free way of improving your health.
- Oxfordshire Key - Find details of over 2,000 local clubs and societies in Oxfordshire by searching the local clubs and societies database
- Oxfordshire Community and Voluntary Action, an umbrella organisation providing information and services for voluntary organisations in Oxfordshire.
- U3A - The University Of The Third Age - Self-help organisation for people no longer in full-time employment providing educational, creative and leisure opportunities in a friendly environment.
- (formerly Age Concern) - local branch of the UK's largest charity working with and for older people
Services for older people
- Disabled facilities grants cover the cost of adaptations to help elderly and disabled people continue to live independently in their home.
- Assisted waste collections - If you have difficulties putting out your rubbish and recycling collection due to a disability, illness or infirmity, and there is no one else to put it out, we can make alternative arrangements to help you.
Last reviewed: 28 - 07 - 2016