Census stay safe advice
The 2011 Census took place on Sunday 27 March so you should all fill in your forms either online or by hand and send them back as soon as possible.
If the form is not returned by 6 April, the Census team will visit to offer help. Here’s some advice to help you stay safe:
- Census staff will carry an ID card
- they will not ask for your bank or credit card details
- you wont be asked to leave your completed form on the doorstep
- you can arrange a visit by calling the helpline number of the form
- Census staff will only visit residents who have not returned their forms
- don’t let the caller in your house
- if you’re not sure of the caller’s identity, keep the door closed and call the Census helpline (0300 0201 101).
For more information visit http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/census/2011/index.html or call 0300 0201 101.