Skip to content

Occasional and temporary use notices

If you want to allow gambling to take place on an infrequent basis, you can apply for a temporary use notice or an occasional use notice.

For details on how we use data relating to licence holders and applicants, please see our privacy notice for licence holders and applicants.

Temporary use notice (TUN)

If you don’t have a premises licence, a TUN will allow you to host gambling on a temporary basis.

We can only grant a TUN to people who have an operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission and you are restricted to only holding equal chance gaming, where the game is intended to produce a single winner.

You can submit more than one TUN for one premises, however, you can only host gambling for a total of 21 days during a calendar year.

To submit a TUN, please send a completed Temporary Use Notice and payment to us at the address below. We must receive your notice at least three months before your gambling event takes place.

You must also email a copy of the notice to Thames Valley Police, The Gambling Commission and HM Revenues and Customs – see our list of responsible authorities for details.

Provided all is in order, we will acknowledge receipt of your TUN in due course.

Occasional use notice (OUN) – track based betting only

An OUN allows betting activities to take place up to eight days a year on a track where sporting activity is taking place, such as a racecourse. There is no charge for an OUN.

To submit an OUN please complete an Occasional Use Notice and send it to us at the address below.

People are not able to object to OUNs, so providing the venue has not exceeded the eight-day limit and the form has been correctly completed, we will simply acknowledge your request.

Contact us - Licensing

Phone icon

01235 422556
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Address icon

South Oxfordshire District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB