Skip to content

Reporting a noise nuisance out of hours

We can respond to serious noise emergencies such as very noisy parties, house/vehicle car alarms and ongoing noise complaints out of normal office hours.  

Our on-call officer is available every Thursday to Saturday, and Sundays before a Bank Holiday. The service operates during the evening from 19:00 until 02:00 the following morning. 

The contact number is 01235 422410.

You can contact our on-call officer, if the problem is loud enough to potentially disturb sleep from:

  • a neighbour’s residential property
  • a commercial premises
  • a licensed premises such as a pub or club

Our out of hours does not cover noise complaints from barking dogs, street or traffic noise, car stereos, bell ringing, lawn mowers or domestic shouting/arguing.

These types of noise complaints and all other nuisance complaints are dealt with by the Environmental Protection Team during normal office hours. If you hear or see a fight or any domestic violence incidents, please contact Thames Valley Police (101).

How does the service operate?

Incoming calls are received by a call centre with appropriate cases being passed to the on-call duty officer.  The officer assesses each call and will call the complainant back to discuss the noise problem and decide on the best course of action to take.  If the officer decides a visit is appropriate, they will make arrangements to visit you and listen to the noise.  The officer will need to witness the alleged noise problem from within your property in order to obtain credible evidence should we need to take the matter to court. 

Note that during busy periods it may take the duty officer a little time to contact you, so please be patient.