Pay your council tax
If you are having any difficulty paying your council tax for any reason, including if you have lost work or now have a reduced income due to the coronavirus, contact us as soon as possible on 0345 302 2313 or email email@example.com
If you are not being paid, and are struggling to pay your bill, please apply for Council Tax Reduction – your account will then be put on hold for 30 days while your application is processed.
For more information on support that’s available please see our COVID-19 financial guidance page
You can pay your council tax in the following ways, but always make sure you quote your account number:
- via Direct Debit – set it up online – instalments are taken from your bank or building society account on the 1st or 15th of each month. Please note, this link will take you to a payment form on our old-style website. It will look a little different to this site, but it’s still an up to date and secure payment form.
- online via debit or credit card – please note, this link will take you to a payment form on our old-style website. It will look a little different to this site, but it’s still an up to date and secure payment form
- by internet banking or standing order – all payments should quote Barclays Bank account number 43945340, Sort Code 20-01-25 and your Council Tax account number.
- at the Post Office – you can pay your council tax at any Post Office in cash. Please remember to allow five to ten working days for your payment to reach us each month.
- via PayPoint – this can be done at any outlet where you see the PayPoint sign. Please remember to allow five to ten working days for your payment to reach us each month.
- by phone – call our Council Tax team to make a payment or set up a payment arrangement on 0345 302 2313.
Contact us - Council tax
0345 302 2313
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)
South Oxfordshire District Council
Po Box 872