This scheme is now open until noon 26 November 2021
Please read our funding checklist and guidelines before starting an application.
This scheme will be open for applications from voluntary and community sector organisations until noon 26 November 2021.
The council provide grants to voluntary and community organisations to help build and support thriving communities and improve the quality of life for the residents of South Oxfordshire. We recognise the value of local community organisations delivering key services to our residents and their need for grants that extend for more than a one-year period.
This vital funding offers two year’s revenue support to voluntary and community sector organisations to help build and support thriving communities and improve the quality of life for the residents of South Oxfordshire. The total budget for the two years £667,992.
How much is available and what for?
We will accept applications for a minimum grant of £10,000 and a maximum grant of £125,000 per annum over the two-year period. Awards will be limited to a maximum of one-third (33.33 per cent) of an organisation’s total annual running costs.
Grants will be given to help to fund services that benefit residents of South Oxfordshire and can include;
- salary costs relating to the activities being supported by your organisation.
- rent and rates etc for the location of the service (ideally in South Oxfordshire).
- training staff in new skills to deliver services in our district (or a proportion if it is a county-wide service).
- marketing and publicity for new/extended services, which those organisations provide, or a proportion for general publicity that includes a new service.
- professional fees directly linked to collaborative working with others, or starting or extending a service.
- transport costs (such as mileage expenses) where they are clearly required as part of the objectives of the organisation
As part of this funding, the council also wishes to offer support to organisations to diversify their income streams, providing funds to invest in fundraising/income generation activities to further boost the sustainability of the applicant organisation.
Please refer to the guidelines for further ideas for how this grant can be used.
Who can apply?
Any constituted local voluntary sector organisation delivering services that will benefit residents of South Oxfordshire can apply online through the council’s website.
By local we mean the organisation is either based in the district, or in Oxfordshire, preferably with a local hub/branch.
Who can’t apply?
- town/parish councils
- other statutory bodies, or organisations providing a service on behalf of a statutory body
- unincorporated groups and associations
- education providers (schools, free schools, academies, colleges, PTAs and similar)
- profit-based businesses (private businesses)
- political and lobbying groups
- Nationwide organisations (except where they have a local constitution and/or local bank account. We may also make exceptions if the activities clearly relate to a local hub/branch of the organisation.)
The council is committed to promoting equality and diversity and welcomes applications from organisations representing minority or vulnerable groups. We encourage all applicants to make their projects as inclusive and accessible to all as possible.
Get in touch
After reviewing our funding guidance and application checklist, we would welcome any questions ahead of the scheme launching, so please do drop us an email at email@example.com.