Financial boost to keep residents active
The Everyone Active grant scheme has launched in South Oxfordshire to support local initiatives that improve the health and wellbeing of residents in the district.
South Oxfordshire District Council is providing £50,000 in funding for community organisations and individuals to apply for, with a maximum grant of £1,000. Applicants will need to show that their projects will help communities to become more active or sustain activity.
Scheme rules include:
- Projects should provide benefit to more than one person becoming active or support ongoing activity
- The maximum grant you can apply for is £1,000
- You can apply for revenue costs or capital items
- You can request 100 per cent of your project costs
- The project must complete within 12 months of the award decision
- We will accept one application only from each individual or organisation
The grant is open for a wide range of groups and organisations in the district. Not-for-profit groups (including sports clubs), town and parish councils and parish meetings, not-for-profit preschools, Parent Teacher Association’s and other local authority run schools or academies for non-statutory elements of the education programme. An individual can also apply who is supporting their community to become active or sustain activity.
The funding can be used in a variety of ways including:
- Buying new leisure or playground equipment
- Projects to introduce or improve physical activity
- Running training courses for volunteers or staff to help improve physical and mental wellbeing
- Setting up a community garden to share the physical and health benefits of growing fruit and vegetables
Cllr Maggie Filipova-Rivers Cabinet member for Community Wellbeing at South Oxfordshire District Council said: “The physical and mental wellbeing of our residents is so important to us. We know that many community organisations play a vital role in getting people active and supporting those who might otherwise be overlooked. We hope that this financial support will enable these groups to continue to make a positive difference to the lives of residents across South Oxfordshire.”
More information about the grant can be found on our website southoxon.gov.uk/grants or organisations can contact the council’s Community Enablement team on 01235 422405 or email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is midday Friday 30 September.