The council's planning policy team prepares documents used to guide development and determine planning applications.
The Local Plan 2033
The emerging Local Plan incorporates a review of our adopted Core Strategy. It will set out how we will deliver much needed housing, opportunities for high quality jobs and thriving town centres across the district.
- Second Preferred Options - consultation closed
- Preferred Options - consultation closed
- Refined Options - consultation closed
- Issues and Scope - consultation closed
The Core Strategy - adopted December 2012
The Core Strategy sets out how the council will help deliver much needed housing, opportunities for high quality jobs and thriving town centres across the district.
- Our Adopted Core Strategy
- The Core Strategy - Inspector's report
- The Core Strategy - Further Examination Publication
- Important news on our core strategy
The Development Plan
Our development plan comprises a number of documents with the main document being our emerging Local Plan.
- Our development plan
- Our position on the SHMA findings
- Latest news on our development plan timetable
- Site submissions
Find out more regarding the neighbourhood plans taking place in our district.
Government announced in March 2017 a requirement of all local planning authorities to publish a register of brownfield (or previously developed) land that is suitable and available for housing development.
We need to have this available by 31 December 2017 are are working to create it.
The register will be published on our website in due course.
In the meantime our Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) includes a range of sites that we have considered in our plan making and is available here
We are now inviting landowners to submit potential development sites to us for consideration. This will help us to understand the amount and type of development we can deliver through the emerging Local Plan. The call for sites form can be found here
Last reviewed: 17 - 05 - 2017