The council's planning policy team prepares documents used to guide development and determine planning applications.
The Local Plan 2032
The Local Plan 2032 incorporates a review of our adopted Core Strategy. It will set out how we will deliver much needed housing, opportunities for high quality jobs and thriving town centres across the district.
- Preferred Options consultation - open 27 June 2016
- Refined Options - closed
- Issues and Scope - closed
The Core Strategy - adopted December 2012
The Core Strategy sets out how the council will help deliver much needed housing, opportunities for high quality jobs and thriving town centres across the district.
- Our Adopted Core Strategy
- The Core Strategy - Inspector's report
- The Core Strategy - Further Examination Publication
- Important news on our core strategy
The Development Plan
Our development plan comprises a number of documents with the main document being our emerging Local Plan.
- Our development plan
- Our position on the SHMA findings
- Latest news on our development plan timetable
- Site submissions
Find out more regarding the neighbourhood plans taking place in our district.
Last reviewed: 27 - 06 - 2016