YouMove provides free or low cost activities for families across the county.
If your child or children are in receipt of benefits related free school meals, are refugees, young carers and children in or on the edge of care , then we have a fantastic range of activities to enjoy together, including during weekends and school holidays.
Activities available in South Oxfordshire
- With your YouMove card you will be able to access discounted rates by up to 50 per cent at GLL/Better leisure centres (activities include swimming, badminton, squash and tennis)
- Discounted swimming at Park Club Milton Park every, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 1-3.30pm. 1 adult and 1 child swim £3.50. Spaces are limited so pre-booking is advised.
- Discounted membership and sessions at Fitness & Wellbeing Hub, Didcot
- Junior Strength Classes – 50% off; only £3 per session – This 45 minute class is specifically designed for 9 to 15 year olds to learn new skills in the gym environment whilst getting strong, and of course having fun in the process. Tuesdays 4.30-5.15pm
- Gym memberships – 30% discount on monthly membership – making fees as low as £24.50 per month. Memberships include full access to our SMART gym equipment and group exercise timetable. We can also provide free advice for medical problems in relation to exercise.
- Personal training – 50% off private sessions – From £10 a session, get the advice and support you need to live a more active lifestyle. Receive a training plan to complete outside of sessions for free.
- Free sports sessions from Sport in Mind – Fun, free and interactive sessions to help improve the mental wellbeing of young people. A great way to help build confidence, support self-esteem and meet new people. Sessions run during term time.
- Yoga: Monday 4 – 5 pm (11 – 16 years) – Christ Church Centre, Henley
- Sport and Games: Thursday 5 – 6pm (10 – 14 years) – Willowbrook Leisure Centre, Didcot
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org
During term time we have a great offer for families with Beale Park
Beale Park is offering South Oxfordshire YouMove families reduced price tickets during term time. Tickets are £5 per person and must be brought at the gate on the day of your visit. Your YouMove card must be shown for discount to be applied. Under 2’s are free. One free carer per disabled adult or child.
YouMove discount will not be valid 21 December and 3 January.
Beale Park is a stunning 350 acre riverside adventure with 160 wildlife species from all over the world, beautiful gardens, train rides, cafes and adventure play. To find out more about the park including open times please visit their website.
Coming up in 2023
In partnership with Henley YMCA we have some great sessions coming up for kids in the new year.
6 week dance sessions in Henley with our Activator Kayleigh!
- Mon 9 January to Feb 13 – Ages 4 – 7 (Reception to yr2) Free sessions 9 and 16 January remaining four sessions are £3 per sessions for each child.
- Mon 20 Feb to 27 March- Ages 8 – 12 (Year 3 – 6) Free sessions Feb 20 and 27 remaining sessions are £3 a session for each child.
6 week football coaching in Henley with an FA Qualified coach
- Wed 11 January to 15 Feb – Ages 4 – 7 (Reception to yr2) Free sessions 11 and 18 January remaining four sessions are £3 per sessions for each child.
- Wed 22 Feb to 29 March- Ages 8 – 12 (Year 3 – 6) Free sessions Feb 22 and 29 remaining sessions are £3 a session for each child.
All sessions start at 5pm. To book please contact Phil on 01491 411849 or email email@example.com
How to find out more
To find out more about YouMove please contact the South Oxfordshire YouMove Activator Kayleigh, she is on hand to provide lots of support and advice about what’s on in your community.
You can contact Kayleigh by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
There’s also more information about YouMove on the Active Oxfordshire website