Skip to content

Street trading

If you’re a street trader or want to sell items in the street (other than for charitable purposes) you will need a street trading consent.

How to apply

You should read our street trading policy before making an application.

You will also need to ensure that you have permission from the land owner.

If you then wish to proceed, please send a completed street trading application form, along with any required supporting documents, to us at the address below.

For details on how we use data relating to licence holders and applicants, please see our privacy notice for licence holders and applicants.

What happens next?

Once we receive your application we will consult with relevant bodies, such as Highways, Environmental Health and local ward councillors.

If Highways oppose your application, then you are unlikely to receive consent, so make sure you carefully consider the location of your application.

We aim to determine your application within ten working days after the 28-day consultation period.

Contact us - Licensing

Phone icon

01235 422556
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Address icon

South Oxfordshire District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB