Animal Welfare Licensing
The list below defines the separate licensable activities. If you are carrying out more than one of these activities, you need to include the additional fee as part of your application:
- Boarding cats
- Breeding dogs
- Boarding kennels for dogs
- Home boarding for dogs
- Day care for dogs
- Selling animals as pets
- Hiring out horses
- Exhibiting animals
If you’d like to apply for one of the above licences, please complete this online form.
- Application fee – £412 (plus £125 for each additional activity)
- Licence issue fee – £89 (plus £19 for each additional activity)
We will arrange vet inspections and invoice this separately from these fees for breeding dogs, selling animals as pets, hiring out horses and exhibiting animals.
This includes businesses already operating under the old licensing scheme.
- Renewal fee – £337 (plus £126 for each additional activity)
We will arrange vet inspections and invoice this separately from these fees for hiring out horses and exhibiting animals.
- Rescore inspection fee – £239 (when requested by the operator)
- Variation of licence fee – £113 (when requested by the operator due to changes to their business)
Dangerous Wild Animals*
- New Application – £277
- Renewal – £193
- New Application – £1,192 (License valid for four years)
- Renewal – £1,206 (License valid for six years)
*Vet inspection will be arranged by the council and invoiced separately.