Council decisions, motions and correspondence
Elected councillors may be members of several committees where they vote on key decisions and make recommendations.
Every council must publish:
- details of when key decisions will be taken
- papers of meetings – at least 5 working days beforehand
- minutes of meetings – showing the decisions that were made
You can view all South Oxfordshire District Council meeting agendas, minutes and reports here:
Tips on how to conduct a successful search:
- Be as specific as you can in your wording
- Try not to use too many words
- Enclosing a word or phrase within “quotation marks” will prompt the search engine to search for that specific word or phrase
A motion is a request made by a councillor for an issue to be discussed at a council meeting and for a decision to be made.
Following a council motion, the council leader sign a letter to action that motion (e.g. write to the government asking for change) and we publish those letters here.