Working with young people
We work with young people in
schools, youth groups and other organisations to help shape our policies and
services that we provide. Through our
work, we encourage young people to take part in positive activities.
We can work with schools and
youth organisations to:
- consult young people about issues that affect them and the services we provide
- encourage young people to take part in volunteering or projects in their local community
- run workshops in schools about local democracy, getting young people ready for the world of work and connecting to local businesses
- attend careers evenings, talk about careers and apprenticeship opportunities in local government and business
- offer opportunities for young people to develop professional work based skills through paid internships
- support Oxfordshire County Council run youth parliament elections.
If you’re interested in doing work experience, placement or an apprenticeship, take a look our page here.