Skip to content

Benefit claims for students

If you are a part-time student, you are able to claim Housing Benefit.

Most full-time students are not eligible for Housing Benefit. However, in special circumstances, you may be able to claim Housing Benefit – for instance, if you

  • are a lone parent,
  • qualify for the disability or severe disability premiums; or
  • are in receipt of income support.

For more information please see the government’s website.