Skip to content

Drainage/sewerage or laying utilities

If you’re interested in doing work on the drainage, sewerage or you’d like to lay pipes or cables for utilities, you will need your solicitor to apply for the works.

Your solicitor must apply prior to doing any work or making any changes. 

You are responsible for some costs.  Please speak to the property team about the minimum payments.

The form will ask your solicitor for the following information:

  • Land registry documents for your own property/land
  • Title register
  • Title plan
  • Title deed
  • Plan of area affected

Your solicitor should check that there are no restrictive covenants, which could affect the work you plan to do and that you agree to pay our surveying and legal fees.

If the work needs planning permission, you will also need to seek planning consent.

Contact us - Property team

01235 422660
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

South Oxfordshire District Council
Abbey House
Abbey Close
OX14 3JE