GO Active Gold
GO Active Gold aims to help those aged 60 and over to live more active lifestyles by setting up physical activities in rural areas that cater for all abilities.
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils have been awarded £227,269 by Sport England for this three year project.
The funding enables us to:
- employ 2 full-time and 2 part-time Rural Activity Activators
- pay for coach and instructor costs
- train new coaches and volunteers
- pay for venue hire and new equipment
See our leaflet for more details on this project.
Please get involved if you are:
- a local coach / activity instructor and interested in delivering activities to older people
- a community champion who would like to be part of our Active Thinking Groups (and be able to meet up quarterly with the GO Active team to help steer the project in your area)
- an enthusiastic individual who enjoys motivating others to be more active and possibly interested in receiving a physical activity qualification
Contact us if you are interested to find out more or get involved.
For information on GO Active Gold Activities taking place in South Oxfordshire please visit:
Last reviewed: 31 - 05 - 2016