We provide a garden waste service for items such as grass cuttings, leaves, branches, weeds and hedge clippings. This is a fortnightly collection from a wheeled bin. Garden waste is collected on the same day as your recycling - to check when this is, see our collections page.
How to order a garden waste bin
A 240 litre garden waste wheeled bin costs only £35 per year. The best way to order your bin is online from the Garden Waste Terms and Conditions page on this website (there's a link below). If you have difficulty with this you can call us and we are happy to help by telephone. Payment for this service is by paperless direct debit only. It is an annual subscription and payment will be taken once a year. You will receive a yearly invoice to notify you when and how much will be collected from your account.
If you already have one or more garden waste bins, please do not use the online system to purchase additional bins. Please call our garden waste team who will add one to your account.
To use this service please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- You have wheeled bins for your other waste
- You do not require an assisted collection
- You do not already have the service and want an additional bin
- You do not already have a garden waste bin at your property
- You have not received a letter from Exchequer Services regarding failure of payment
- You have not received a letter from Exchequer Services regarding failure of direct debit
If you do not meet the above criteria, please telephone the garden waste team on 01749 341247. Otherwise, please follow the simple online process by following the link to the garden waste service terms and conditions page to place your order and arrange payment.
Please note, it can take up to 15 working days for a bin to be delivered.
When ordering our garden waste service, you may not necessarily receive a brand new bin. To reduce waste and keep costs low, we re-use unwanted garden waste bins. These are cleaned before distribution.
If you have difficulty with the online process, please telephone the number in the contact section of this page.
If you want to get your garden in tip-top shape before the winter really hits, then make the most of our compost giveaway days.
Bring your box, wheelbarrow or bags to the following locations to pick up some top quality compost – for free!
- Saturday 3 October, 9am – 11am – White Horse Leisure and Tennis Centre overflow car park, Audlett Drive, Abingdon, OX14 3PJ
- Sunday 4 October, 9am – 11am – old South Oxfordshire District Council car park, Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford, OX10 8ED
How to report a missed collection
Please visit our missed collections page to find out how to report a missed garden waste bin collection.
If you are moving house within the district and you would like to take your brown bin with you, then please let us know through the contact details on the contacts sections of this page.
Last reviewed: 17 - 09 - 2015