The small green food recycling bin
Your food is collected every week. Use your small kitchen bin to collect your food scraps each day and then transfer them into the large food recycling bin which we'll empty each week.
What can I put in my food recycling bin?
All your raw and cooked food waste such as leftovers and spoilt food, and including:
- meat and fish - raw and cooked including bones
- all dairy products such as cheese and eggs
- raw and cooked vegetables and fruit
- bread, cakes and pastries
- rice, pasta and beans
- uneaten food from your plates and dishes
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- cooking oil, lard and fats (do not put cooking oil in plastic containers)
- old cut flowers
What cannot go in your food recycling bin?
- plastic bags
These can all go in your green recycling bin.
Need a new bin?
If your large food bin goes missing or is damaged after you've put it out for collection please contact Biffa using the details in the contact section of this page so they can arrange for it to be replaced.
We can't replace the smaller bin that you keep in the kitchen. These are available from most high-street hardware stores, garden centres and supermarkets.
Lining your food recycling bin
Last reviewed: 06 - 06 - 2016