The Core Strategy
We have prepared a strategy for South Oxfordshire as part of our work on the Local Development Framework to 2027 and we involved you to help us make the best decisions.
The main purpose of the strategy is to identify issues and directions of growth for new development up to the year 2027. The council will make all its major decisions – for example, broad locations of major new housing or employment developments, through the process of preparing this strategy.
What stage are we at?
- Adopted Core Strategy
- Core Strategy - Inspector's final report
- Further Examination Publication on Main Modifications - closed
- Mid Examination Publication - closed
- Core Strategy - Additional publication of changes
- Core Strategy Examination
- Submission Core Strategy
We have already done a lot of work on developing our core strategy. This has included:
- compiling our evidence base;
- pulling together relevant statistics, holding workshops and discussions with stakeholders; and
- consulting widely on Issues and Options, Preferred Options stage, Additional Wallingford consultation, the Core Strategy Review, the Thame Preferred Sites Consultation and the Proposed Submission Core Strategy regulation 27 consultation.
- hearing sessions held for the independent examination of the submission Core Strategy in July and November 2011.
The next stage will be receiving the Inspector's Report on the Core Strategy.
Last reviewed: 03 - 04 - 2013