Enforcement - what we do
We investigate concerns that include a breach of planning control.
We do investigate
- Unauthorised advertisements
- Unauthorised works to listed buildings
- Engineering operations
- Non-compliance with planning permission
- Removal of protected trees
- Unauthorised changes of use of land
We don’t investigate
- Parking on the highway
- Boundary disputes including trespass
- Deeds and covenants
- Health and safety issues
- Clearing of vegetation from land
We open enforcement investigations following concerns raised by the general public, parish councils and local organisations. We do not open investigations based on anonymous or malicious complaints.
If you are worried about intimidation or threats or do not want to include your details, contact your local or district councillor or parish council clerk for help in reporting your concerns.
Planning Enforcement Register
To search for Enforcement Notices, Enforcement Orders, Breach of Condition Notices and Stop Notices (including Temporary Stop Notices) served by the council please click here
You can search for open cases by:
Please check there is no active investigation before you request a new investigation
Reporting a breach of planning control
We will not investigate anonymous complaints.
I wish to report a suspected breach of planning control.
By submitting this form I can confirm that:
- I’ve read the
- I’m happy to be contacted by the council, and
- I believe there is a breach of planning control.
Where possible please email as much information you can, including photographs to support your report to email@example.com
The Enforcement Team will conduct investigations in line with the Enforcement Statement.
We will also:
- Register and acknowledge all reported breaches of planning control
- Visit the site according to the timing in the Enforcement Statement
- Keep all parties informed, where appropriate, of any actions being taken.
The council will never knowingly release any personal data.
Last reviewed: 26 - 06 - 2017