Councillors' code of conduct

All councillors and co-opted members of local authority committees are required to comply with a code of conduct.  The code of conduct sets out the framework within which they must operate.

The council is responsible for considering complaints that a councillor or co-opted committee member may have breached the code of conduct.

What this means to you

If you want to complain about the conduct of a district councillor, a member of one of the town or parish councils in South Oxfordshire or a co-opted committee member you must submit your complaint to:

Margaret Reed, Monitoring Officer
South Oxfordshire District Council
(see details in Contact section of this page)


A PDF code of conduct complaint form and other associated documents can be found under need more information - links on this site. A WORD code of conduct complaint form can be found under the Downloads section of this page.

If you make a complaint relating to the code of conduct the complaint must state why you think a councillor or a member of one of our parish or town councils or a co-opted committee member has not followed the code of conduct.

We can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a councillor, a member of one of our parish or town councils or a co-opted member.  Matters that are not covered by the councillors code of conduct such as standards of council service can be dealt with via the council's complaints procedure.

Last reviewed: 04 - 10 - 2018

Was this page helpful?YesNo