Homeless or at risk
We want to prevent you becoming homeless in the first instance so it's important you contact the housing team for advice on your housing situation. A housing officer will provide advice and support and where possible prevent you from losing your home.
If you're under 18 and having serious problems at home which make it dangerous or impossible to stay there, contact the Childrens and Family team through Social Services on 01865 897987.
Advice for those not eligible for homeless service?
- stay with friends or family and save for a deposit for privately rented housing
- contact your local JobCentrePlus or look at to check you're getting all the benefits you're entitled to
- if you're struggling with debt, speak to a debt adviser
- apply to the Housing Register, though it can take a long time to access social housing, depending on your circumstances
- if you're sleeping rough - or you're concerned about someone who is - contact , who provide access to local services and support
- if you are rough sleeping in South Oxfordshire the council can refer you to Connections Outreach service who will try and help you resolve your rough sleeping this may be through accessing a hostel
Where else can I find advice?
Last reviewed: 06 - 02 - 2017