How to report an abandoned vehicle
You can report an abandoned vehicle by contacting the waste team (details are in the contact section of this page).
We can investigate suspected abandoned vehicles and, if we find that a vehicle has been abandoned, remove and dispose of it.
We are unable to deal with parking disputes on the public highway or vehicles that are just untaxed but have not been abandoned. Please report untaxed vehicles to the DVLA here.
Before reporting a suspected abandoned vehicle please visit the DVLA website to check if the vehicle is taxed or has an MOT.
When reporting a suspected abandoned vehicle please provide the following details:
- Vehicle Type for example car, motorbike, caravan, trailer, motor home
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle condition for example clean, good condition, wheels missing, windows smashed, damaged, burnt out
- Location for example street name, town or village and where it is in the road
- How long the vehicle has been on site
- Your name and telephone number/email address so we can keep you updated and check details with you
If you would like to email us a photo please send it to email@example.com
We investigate all reports of suspected abandoned vehicles, please note that this can take some time as we may have to serve notices to land owners and vehicle keepers. If, as a result of our investigation, we conclude the vehicle has not been abandoned we will not remove it but may refer it onto the DVLA or police.
Last reviewed: 09 - 01 - 2018