Free parking in the run up to Christmas
Drivers in South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse can benefit from free parking in district council car parks on certain days in December.
The annual free parking tradition is provided by South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils to encourage people to shop locally for their Christmas presents. The free parking days allocated to each area are agreed with the individual town councils depending on which day would best suit local traders.
Free Christmas parking days also means people don’t have to pay to park if they wish to catch up with friends and family in the pubs, cafés and restaurants during the festive period.
Drivers will be able to park without paying for a ticket in South and Vale car parks on the following days next month:
- Didcot – Mondays (9, 16, 23 December)
- Goring – Saturdays (7, 14, 21 December)
- Henley – Tuesdays (3, 10, 17 December)
- Thame – Saturdays (7, 14, 21 December)
- Wallingford - Thursdays (5, 12,19 December)
Vale of White Horse
- Abingdon – Saturdays (7, 14, 21 December)
- Faringdon – Saturdays (30 November and 7, 14 December)
- Wantage – Saturdays (7, 14, 21 December)
On the above days there’s no need to display a ticket.
Parking is also free on a Sunday in many of the council-owned town centre car parks in South and Vale - please check the tariff boards in car parks for further details.
For details on our car park locations please see our locations page