The chief executive is David Hill
Under the chief executive there are two strategic directors. They have no direct operational responsibility for services, but each has a portfolio of a number of services that they oversee. There are seven heads of service.
The chief executive has responsibility for:
- Corporate Strategy - communications, consultation, corporate planning, equalities, grants, key partnerships (notably LSP - community strategy and CDRP - community safety), climate change, performance management, online services, youth issues, parks, waste and recycling
- Economy, Leisure and Property - arts, economic development, leisure (includes leisure centre contract management and sports development), tourism and property management (includes civic halls).
- Environmental Health - environmental protection, food and safety
Steve Bishop, Strategic Director
With responsibility for:
- Finance - accountancy, audit, payroll, revenues and benefits
- HR, IT and Technical Services - HR, IT, local service points, business process management, facilities (including council offices), car parks
- Legal and Democratic Services - legal, democratic, electoral, land charges, licensing, community safety
Last reviewed: 14 - 09 - 2016