Apply for, change or transfer a gambling premises licence

You must have a premises licence if you want to run any of the following types of gambling business:

  • casino
  • bingo
  • adult gaming centre
  • family entertainment centre
  • track and other betting

For gaming machines please see our page on gaming machine permits.

Apply for a new gambling premises licence

To apply for a gambling premises licence, you must be:

  • 18 years old or over
  • authorised to make a gambling application for the premises

For information on operating licences, issued by the Gambling Commission.

Click here to apply for a Gambling Premises Licence

Change a gambling premises licence

If you wish to change your licence conditions or opening times, you must apply to make a change to your gambling premises licence.

Click here to change a Gambling Premises Licence

Transfer a Gambling Premises Licence

You can apply to transfer your licence to a new holder.

This only changes who the premises licence holder is and doesn’t change the licence in any other way.

The application to transfer the licence must be completed by the new premises licence holder. However, the current licence holder must give their consent for the transfer to take place.

Click here to transfer a Gambling Premises Licence

Contact us - Licensing

Phone icon

01235 422556
(Text phone users add 18001 before dialing)

Address icon

South Oxfordshire District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Milton Park
OX14 4SB