Oxfordshire Growth Board
The Oxfordshire Growth Board is a partnership of councils, businesses, the universities and other key partners in Oxfordshire. Through collaborative working it delivers projects that promote high quality growth in Oxfordshire as well as priorities agreed in the City Deal and Local Growth Deals.
The Board also exists to advise on matters of collective interest, to seek agreement on local priorities and influence relevant local, regional and national bodies.
Purpose of the Oxfordshire Growth Board (from the terms of reference):
- to facilitate and enable collaboration between local authorities on economic development, strategic planning and growth
- to deliver cross-boundary programmes of work including the City Deal, Growth Deal, Strategic Economic Plan and Local Transport Board programmes, within government timescales. This includes agreeing the detailed contents of specific priorities, plans, projects and programmes
- to approve and monitor the implementation of a detailed work programme as laid out in the City Deal, Strategic Economic Plan and Local Transport Board programmes, together with any future Growth Deals or other programmes as agreed
- to bid for the allocation of resources to support the above purposes.
Who attends the Growth Board?
The Board includes the local authorities within Oxfordshire. These are: Cherwell District Council, Oxford City Council, South Oxfordshire District Council, Vale of White Horse District Council, West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council and they are represented by their respective leaders.
The are some non-voting representatives including
- Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Oxfordshire Skills Board
- Oxford Universities
- Homes and Communities Agency
- Environment Agency
- Network Rail
- Highways Agency
Where can I read more?
Please visit the Oxfordshire Growth Board website.
The Growth Board meetings take place every other month. From 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019, the meetings will be chaired and hosted by South Oxfordshire Distruct Council. From 1 July 2019, the meetings will be chaired and hosted by the Vale of the White Horse District Council. Minutes and agendas can be found here.
All current minutes and agendas for the Growth Board are on the Oxfordshire County Council Growth Board website. There you can also find the questions posed by members of the public to the Board, as well as the responses.
You can contact the Growth Board Partnership Programme Manager, Paul Staines, who is based at South Oxfordshire District Council, using the details below:
South Oxfordshire District Council
135 Eastern Avenue
Last reviewed: 11 - 10 - 2018