Affordable housing study
Affordable housing viability study
The latest information
Our Affordable Housing Viability Study was prepared for us by BNP Paribas Real Estate.
The aims of the study were to:
- provide a robust evidence base to support the Core Strategy and other Local Development Framework documents;
- test the impact upon the economics of residential development of a range of affordable housing policy options, up to our proposed policy of securing 40% affordable housing;
- test varying affordable housing percentages between 0% and 40%, both with and without grant;
- consider the impact of setting a threshold for affordable housing of less than 15 units in settlements with populations of more than 3,000 people and 5 units in settlements with populations of less than 3,000 people, or removing the threshold altogether;
- test a range of affordable housing tenure mixes; and
- consider the impact of changes in future house prices upon the deliverability of the Council's 40% affordable housing targets.
You can view a copy of the full report by clicking the quick link to the right.
Last reviewed: 24 - 05 - 2018