CIL Charging Schedule - adoption and examination
This followed two rounds of public consultations and examination by an independent Planning Inspector.
We not offer Exceptional Circumstances relief – please see our exceptional circumstances statement for more information.
Examination of the CIL Draft Charging Schedule
The Secretary of State appointed Ms Katie Child BSc (HONS) MA MRTPI of the Planning Inspectorate to conduct the examination.
A Public hearing took place on 29 July 2015.
The Examiner requested that we provide further information (please see below).
Following further modifications to the Draft Charging Schedule area map we received the Examiner’s report on the Examination of the draft CIL Charging Schedule on 17 December 2015. The report concluded that the South Oxfordshire CIL Charging Schedule is set at a level that will not put the overall development of the area at risk.
Further information to Examiner following hearing on 29 July 2015
Modifications to the CIL Draft Charging Schedule – Charging area map
From 23 October to 20 November 2015 we invited representations on the modifications to the Draft Charging Schedule, charging area map. The modifications are in relation to Didcot, that the boundary should follow the Town (Parish) boundary of Didcot. Please click on the Statement of Modifications below:
We received six representations. The document below sets out representations and the council’s justification to the Modifications.
All comments received have been forwarded to the Examiner (via the Programme Officer).
All examiner’s questions are listed below:
All council’s response to examiner’s questions are listed below:
Further statements from Representors are set out below:
Additional documents supplied to the Examiner as a result of questions are listed below:
Submission of Draft Charging Schedule
Following two consultations the council submitted the CIL Draft Charging Schedule and supporting documents for examination on 8 May 2015 (see our Submission Library). These can be made available (electronic or paper copies) on request and be inspected at local libraries and the council offices.
Supporting documents for examination – please click on Submission Library to view any of the following:
- SUB/1 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, Statement of Modifications, May 2015
- SUB/2 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, submission version, May 2015
- SUB/3 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, Consultation Statement, May 2015 SUB/4 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, Statement of Submission, May 2015 SUB/5 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, Draft Regulation 123 List (amended), May 2015
- SUB/6 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, Public consultation, February 2015
- SUB/7 - CIL Infrastructure Planning and Funding gap, February 2015
- SUB/8 - CIL Draft Charging Schedule, Statement of Representations Procedure, February 2015
- SUB/9 - CIL Draft Instalments Policy, February 2015
- SUB/10 - Viability Study, February 2015
- SUB/11 - Infrastructure Delivery Plan, February 2015
- SUB/12 - CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule, Consultation Report, February 2015
- SUB/13 - CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule, Public consultation, October 2014
- SUB/14 - Core strategy
- SUB/15 - Local Plan
- SUB/16 - Viability assessment, October 2014
Modifications to the CIL Draft Charging Schedule
We published minor modifications to the Draft Charging Schedule and Draft Regulation 123 list as a result of representations received and also to word it such to state the facts from the date of when the charging schedule takes effect. From 8 May to 5 June 2015 we published The Statement of Modifications to the Draft Charging Schedule for consultation. We received nine representations:
Representations to Modifications
DCMS - Representations to Statement of Modifications, June 2015 (summary table)
First consultation (Preliminary Draft)
From 20 October to 17 November 2014 we published a CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule for consultation, and received 34 responses.
Last reviewed: 13 - 03 - 2017