Information about sustainability statements for planning application and a link to out template
There are 2 types of sustainability appraisal for residential development:
- Sustainability Statement; and
- Code for Sustainable Homes Pre-assessment (carried out by a registered assessor).
Which one you need to submit with your application depends on the size of your development.
(For non-residential developments, an assessment under the BREEAM rating is required.)
- When should I submit a Sustainability Statement?When making an application for 4 or less houses or flats.
- When should I submit a Code for Sustainable Homes Pre-assessment (carried out by a registered assessor)?
When making an application for 5 or more houses or flats.
- What is a Sustainability Statement?
This statement should explain and demonstrate consideration of the sustainable design features of the new development. It may help to you use our
We suggest that you work out the costs when completing your Sustainability Statement to make sure that you are not committing yourself to measures that exceed your budget.
Last reviewed: 10 - 12 - 2010